|Главная Случайная страница Контакты | Мы поможем в написании вашей работы!|
1. Look at the following extracts of written language and match them to their sources below:
a) Small, slim, blue-eyed blond, GSH, early 30’s WLTM hunky male 28 – 38 for fun and friendship. Call me on 09765-567892.
b) The first man was small and wiry, with sharp, strong features. Behind him walked his opposite, a huge man, with wide shoulders: and he walked heavily, dragging his feet a little, the way a bear drags his paws.
c) The police are looking for a man of average height and medium build in his mid-twenties. He was last seen wearing a dark green or grey anorak.
d) The tallest man in medical history is Robert Pershing Wadlow who was born on 22nd February 1918 in Illinois, USA, and who died on 15th July 1940 in Michigan. He was last measured on 27th June 1940 and was found to be 272cm tall.
1. An extract from a novel.
2. An extract from a newspaper report.
3. An extract from the Guinness Book of Records.
4. An advertisement in a lonely hearts section of a newspaper.
What do you think WLTM and GSH mean?
2. Which of the people in Exercise 1 (a – d) answer the following descriptions?
( In some cases more than one answer is possible)
1) with noticeable features
E.g. 1 - b (with sharp, strong features)
2) below medium height
4) fair- haired
5) 8 ft 11 inches tall
6) medium height
7) a little over 30
8) thin and muscular
9) about 25