|Главная Случайная страница Контакты | Мы поможем в написании вашей работы!|
Example: Michael is 15 years old.(mid)
Michael is in his mid-teens.
1. Mrs Thomas is 45. ( aged; over) 2. Helen is 25. ( mid; prime) 3. Alex is 17. ( under; youth; teens) 4. Our grandmother is 73. ( early; over; past) 5. He retired when he was 59 or so. ( about) 6. Sarah went to university when she was 19. ( late; nearly) 7. My sister came of age last year. (teens; under)
VI. Write about the age of people in your family in as many ways as you can.
VII. Ask your groupmates questions about a) their age; b) the age of their family members. Follow the models:
a) - How old are you? ( What’s your age?)
- I’m in my late teens.
- Are you?
- Yes, I’m 17.
b) - How old is your father? ( What’s your father’s age?)
- He is in his mid-forties.
- Is he?
- Yes, he is 45.
VIII. Re-write these sentences making use of compound adjectives. (Compound adjectives are adjectives made of two or more words).
E.g. My son is two years old. – I’ve got a two-year-old son.
IX. Famous quotes
Complete these quotes with the following words:
Age feel income forty youth young
1. You are only as old as you ………. .
2. Life begins at ……… .
3. Women lie about their ………; men lie about their ……… .
4. …….. lasts longer than the …….. think .
Do you agree with the quotes? Why or why not?
of small/medium/powerful/athletic build