|Главная Случайная страница Контакты|
1. How many species/forms of birds can you name in English?
2. Which animals may become vanished/extinct in the near future?
3. What kinds of crops are grown/grown up in your country?
4. What do scientists mean by soil/earth erosion and what causes it? Is it a problem in your country?
5. What sort of animals and fish live off the coast/beach of your country, e.g. whales, dolphins?
6. What happens to wildlife if oil tankers dump/drop oil in the seas?
7. Have you had any wildlife catastrophes/misfortunes related to pollution in your country recently?
Exercise 18. Read the text ignoring the gaps for the moment.
1. What information does it give about the causes and effects of global warming?
2. According to the text, what will happen if we don't do something about it now?
Exercise 19. Now complete the exam task. Read the gapped sentences very carefully. Remember, to help you choose the right word, you should:
• pay careful attention to meaning.
• be aware of grammatical patterns such as prepositions after nouns and verbs, and infinitives after verbs.
• look out for collocations and fixed phrases.
• make sure that linking words fit the meaning of the text.
Exercise 20. Read the text below and decide which answer A, B, C or D best fits each space. There is an example at the beginning (0).
0 A recognized B regarded C registered D represented
Дата публикования: 2015-07-22; Прочитано: 643 | Нарушение авторского права страницы