|Главная Случайная страница Контакты|
Andre Marie Ampere (1775-1836) ■ Anders Celsius (1701-1744) Marie Curie (1867-1934) ■ Heinrich Hertz (1857-1894) ■ James Prescott Joule (1818-1889) «Lord Kelvin (1824-1907) ■ Georg Simon Ohm (1787-1854) «Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) ■ Sir Isaac Newton (1643-1727) ■ Count Alessandro Volta (1745-1827) «James Watt (1736-1819).
1. A _________is a unit of pressure equal to onenewton per square metre. It's named after _____a French scientist.
2. A ________ is a unit of force. It`s named after ________ an English mathematician.
3. _______ is the temperature scale that has the freezing point of water as 0° С and the boiling point as 100° C. The scale was developed by a Swedish astronomer, ________.
4. A_______ _________ is an amount of electric power. It is equal to one joule per second. It's named after _______, a Scottish engineer and inventor.
5. A ______ is a unit of electric force. It's named after _____ an Italian physicist and pioneer in the study of electricity.
6. An________ is a unit of electric current. It's named after _____ a French mathematician and physicist, a pioneer in electrodynamics.
7. An________ is a unit of electrical resistance named after _______a German physicist.
8. A ________ a unit of energy named after _______ a British physicist.
9. ______ is the temperature scale that registers absolute zero (-273.15 C) as 0°K. It's named after _______ a British scientist.
10. A ______ is a frequency equal to one cycle per second. It's named after ___ a German physicist.
11. A______ is a unit of radioactivity. It's named after ____ a Polish-born chemist who discovered radioactivity in several elements.
Exercise 62. Read the definitions in Exercise 3 again. Find words that mean:
1. studies the elements and their compounds
2. studies the universe
3. studies the physical properties of materials
4. thinks of new machines
5. develops new ideas about a subject
Exercise 63. Find out which things in this list are named after people. Can you add similar words from your language?
• Mouse (for a computer)
• Bunsen (burner)
• Geiger (counter)
• Morse (code)
Part 14. Выдающиеся учёные прошлого
Дата публикования: 2015-07-22; Прочитано: 485 | Нарушение авторского права страницы